Why use our Grade 5 Practice Exam Papers
Our most popular and download product on our site is our grade 5 practice exams pack. If you, your child or students have an ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory exam comming up then taking some practice tests before the big day is crucial to ensuring a pass.
Sitting mock exams helps you:
- • Get used to answering within a time limit
- • See the style of questions and what is expected
- • Find out what your strengths and weaknesses are
Our Grade 5 Music Theory Exam Paper Pack contains 5 unique PDF mock tests to help you get to grips with everything that could come up in the ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory exam.
What types of questions are asked?
All of our grade 5 music theory papers have been put together by painstakingly reviewing the ABRSM syllabus and the last 6 years of actual grade 5 exam papers to make sure it includes every type of question that could be asked. With over 150 exercises for you to get stuck into you’ll be more than prepared.
The types of questions that are asked are:
- - Adding missing time signatures to extracts (all previous time signatures plus irregular time signatures 5/4, 7/4, 5/8 and 7/8)
- - Rewriting an extract of music with the notes grouped and beamed correctly (including irregular time signatures)
- - Identifiying notes in any of the four clefs (treble, bass, alto and tenor) in any key signature (up to 6 sharps and flats)
- - Identifying the letter names and technical names of marked notes (in any of the four clefs and in any of the keys)
- - Transposing an extract of music up or down an octave from any of the four clefs to any other clef
- - Transposing an extract of music at concert pitch from music written for an instrument in Bb, A or F and vice versa
- - Identifying and writing out scales, key signatures, tonic triads in any major or minor key (up to 6 sharps and flats)
- - Identifying an enharmonic equivalent of any note in any of the four clefs
- - Identifying and writing out chromatic scales
- - Identifying and writing out harmonic and melodic intervals, simple and compound starting on any note
- - Adding missing bar lines to extracts
- - Adding missing rests to extracts
- - Identifying chords (root, 1st inversion and 2nd inversion) forms of the tonic, supertonic, subdominant and dominant chords and any of the keys for this grade.
- - Identifying and writing out various cadences
- - Choosing appropriate chords for a melody in the keys of C, F, D or G
- - Identidying the correct definitions of grade 5 performance directions
- - Identidying the mistakes in an extract of music and rewriting it correctly
- - Identifying and writing out various ornaments
- - Rewriting an extract of music with notes and rests of twice or half the value
- - Rewriting an extract of music from simple to compound time and vice versa
- - Answering questions about an extract of music including questions about standard orchestral instruments
- This way you'll know what to expect in the real thing.
Model answers included
As well as all of the practice exams we have included all the model answers so you can mark the exams yourself to see where you're going wrong and improve.
No more relying on your teacher to mark them or buying additional answers papers.
100% money back guarantee
We stand behind all our products 100% and so for that reason all of our music theory resources come with a 30 day money back guarantee.
If you're not completely satisfied let us know why within 30 days of your purchase and if we can't make it right for you, we'll give you your money back. For more information you can read our refund policy.
In this download you get:
- Grade 5 Practice Exam A - 1.2 MB
- Grade 5 Practice Exam B - 0.8 MB
- Grade 5 Practice Exam C - 08 MB
- Grade 5 Practice Exam D - 0.8 MB
- Grade 5 Practice Exam E - 1.0 MB
- Grade 5 Practice Exam A Answers - 2.5 MB
- Grade 5 Practice Exam B Answers - 1.9 MB
- Grade 5 Practice Exam C Answers - 1.8 MB
- Grade 5 Practice Exam D Answers - 2.1 MB
- Grade 5 Practice Exam E Answers - 2.2 MB
The time limit for these mock exams is 2 hours.
Each paper contains 7 questions in the same format as the ABRSM exams.
They are specifically for the ABRSM Grade 5 syllabus but they'll still be useful no matter what examining board you're using.
All the model answers are included.
If you have any questions at all just get in touch and we'll be happy to help.
They come with a 30 day money back guarantee.