Why use our Grade 3 Practice Exam Papers
Studying Grade 3 music theory? Looking for some practice before your exam? Sitting some mock exam papers prior to your test is a great way of preparing and being confident of a pass on exam day. You don't even have to be taking an ABRSM exam. Practice papers are a great way of checking that you've learnt everything that you need to know before you move on to the next grade.
Our Grade 3 Music Theory Exam Paper Pack contains 5 unique PDF mock tests to help you get to grips with everything that could come up in the ABRSM Grade 3 Music Theory exam so you're not worrying about what questions you'll face. If you sit all 5 of these practice exams we're certain that you'll pass the real thing.
What types of questions are asked?
Each of our grade 3 music theory papers have been put together by painstakingly reviewing the ABRSM syllabus and the last 6 years of actual grade 3 exam papers to make sure it includes every type of question that could be asked. With over 170 exercises for you to get stuck into you’ll be more than prepared.
The types of questions that are asked are:
- - Adding missing time signatures to extracts (same as grade 2 plus 6/8, 9/8 and 12/8)
- - Adding missing bar lines to extracts
- - Adding missing rests to extracts
- - Identifying the letter names of marked notes (beyond 2 ledger lines)
- - Identifying the degrees of the scale of marked notes (beyond 2 ledger lines)
- - Identifying and writing out harmonic and melodic intervals and their type (up to one octave from the tonic)
- - Adding the correct clef to given notes, scales and tonic traids in the treble and bass clefs
- - Identifying and writing out named major key signatures (up to 4 sharps and flats)
- - Identifying and writing out named minor key signatures (up to 4 sharps and flats)
- - Identifying and writing out named major scales (up to 4 sharps and flats)
- - Identifying and writing out named minor scales (up to 4 sharps and flats both harmonic and melodic minors)
- - Identifying and writing out major and minor tonic triads (root position only)
- - Identidying the correct definitions of grade 3 performance directions
- - Rewriting an extract of music with the notes grouped and beamed correctly (including demisemiquavers)
- - Rewriting an extract of music with notes and rests of twice or half the value
- - Identidying the mistakes in an extract of music and rewriting it correctly
- - Transposing an extract of music up or down an octave and into a different clef (treble and bass only)
- - Answering questions about an extract of music including phrasing structure
- - Copying out an extract of music exactly
This way you'll know what to expect in the real thing.
Model answers included
As well as all of the grade 3 past papers we have included all the model answers so you can mark the exams yourself to see where you're going wrong and improve.
No more relying on your teacher to mark them or buying additional answers papers.
100% money back guarantee
We stand behind all our products 100% and so for that reason all of our music theory resources come with a 30 day money back guarantee.
If you're not completely satisfied let us know why within 30 days of your purchase and if we can't make it right for you, we'll give you your money back. For more information you can read our refund policy.
In this download you get:
- Grade 3 Practice Exam A - 1.3 MB
- Grade 3 Practice Exam B - 1.5 MB
- Grade 3 Practice Exam C - 1.2 MB
- Grade 3 Practice Exam D - 1.3 MB
- Grade 3 Practice Exam E - 1.0 MB
- Grade 3 Practice Exam A Answers - 2.3 MB
- Grade 3 Practice Exam B Answers - 2.6 MB
- Grade 3 Practice Exam C Answers - 2.3 MB
- Grade 3 Practice Exam D Answers - 2.4 MB
- Grade 3 Practice Exam E Answers - 2.3 MB
The time limit for these mock exams is 1 hour and a half.
Each paper contains 9 questions in the same format as the ABRSM exams.
They are specifically for the ABRSM Grade 3 syllabus but they'll still be useful no matter what examining board you're using.
All the model answers are included.
If you have any questions at all just get in touch and we'll be happy to help.
They come with a 30 day money back guarantee.