Why use our Grade 1 Practice Exam Papers
So you, your child or your students are starting to learn about grade 1 music theory. Maybe you’re booked in for an ABRSM theory exam already? Either way making sure you sit some grade 1 music theory practice papers is a great way to see if you’ve understood all the things you’ve been learning.
Using mock exams is essential to getting used to the sort of questions that are going to be asked on the day. Even if you’re not sitting an exam they are ideal to reflect on what you’ve learnt and make sure there are no gaps in your knowledge before you move on to grade 2.
Our Grade 1 Music Theory Exam Paper Pack contains 5 unique PDF mock tests to help you get to grips with everything that could come up in the ABRSM Grade 1 Music Theory exam.
What types of questions are asked?
Each paper has been put together by painstakingly reviewing the ABRSM syllabus and the last 6 years of actual exam papers to make sure it includes every type of question that could be asked. With over 150 exercises for you to get stuck into you’ll be more than prepared.
The types of questions that are asked are:
- - Naming and writing out notes and their values as well as their corresponding rests
- - Adding missing time signatures to extracts (2/4, 3/4 and 4/4)
- - Adding missing bar lines to extracts
- - Adding missing rests to extracts
- - Identifying the letter names of marked notes (up to 1 ledger line)
- - Identifying the degrees of the scale of marked notes (up to 1 ledger line)
- - Identifying and writing out harmonic and melodic intervals (up to one octave)
- - Adding the correct clef to given notes and tonic traids in the treble and bass clefs
- - Identifying and writing out named major key signatures (C, G, D and F)
- - Identifying and writing out named major scales
- - Identifying and writing out tonic triads
- - Identifying semitones and tones
- - Identidying the correct definitions of grade 1 performance directions
- - Rewriting an extract of music with the notes grouped and beamed correctly
- - Answering questions about an extract of music
- - Copying out an extract of music exactly
This way you'll know what to expect in the real thing.
Model answers included
As well as all of the practice exams we have included all the model answers so you can mark the exams yourself to see where you're going wrong and improve.
No more relying on your teacher to mark them or buying additional answers papers.
100% money back guarantee
We stand behind all our products 100% and so for that reason all of our music theory resources come with a 30 day money back guarantee.
If you're not completely satisfied let us know why within 30 days of your purchase and if we can't make it right for you, we'll give you your money back. For more information you can read our refund policy.
In this download you get:
- Grade 1 Practice Exam A - 2.4 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam B - 1.2 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam C - 1.0 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam D - 1.2 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam E - 1.2 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam A Answers - 2.9 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam B Answers - 2.0 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam C Answers - 1.6 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam D Answers - 2.0 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam E Answers - 1.8 MB
The time limit for these mock exams is 1 hour and a half.
Each paper contains 9 questions in the same format as the ABRSM exams.
They are specifically for the ABRSM syllabus but they'll still be useful no matter what examining board you're using.
All the model answers are included.
If you have any questions at all just get in touch and we'll be happy to help.
They come with a 30 day money back guarantee.