Grade 1 Music Theory Practice Papers
This is a digital download of five of our unique PDF Grade 1 Music Theory Practice Exams to help you, your child or your students prepare for and pass the 2018 ABRSM Grade 1 Music Theory Exams.
Grade 1 Music Theory Past Paper Samples
Here's some examples from our grade 1 music theory practice papers. We've put them together by analysing the last six years of ABRSM grade 1 past papers to help you be prepared for all the types of questions that could come up. Click here to go back and see the other music theory practice papers for different grades we have.
- PRODUCT DETAILS
- What's included
- More INFO
Why use our Grade 1 Music Theory Worksheets Pack
So you, your child or your students are starting to learn about grade 1 music theory. Maybe you’re booked in for an ABRSM theory exam already? Either way making sure you sit some grade 1 music theory practice papers is a great way to see if you’ve understood all the things you’ve been learning.
Using mock exams is essential to getting used to the sort of questions that are going to be asked on the day. Even if you’re not sitting an exam they are ideal to reflect on what you’ve learnt and make sure there are no gaps in your knowledge before you move on to the next grades.
Our Grade 1 Music Theory Exam Paper Pack contains 5 unique PDF mock tests to help you get to grips with everything that could come up in the ABRSM Grade 1 Music Theory exam.
What types of questions are asked?
Each paper has been put together by painstakingly reviewing the ABRSM syllabus and the last 6 years of actual grade 1 ARBSM past papers to make sure it includes every type of question that could be asked. With over 150 exercises for you to get stuck into you’ll be more than prepared.
The types of questions that are asked are:
- Naming and writing out notes and their values as well as their corresponding rests
- Adding missing time signatures to extracts (2/4, 3/4 and 4/4)
- Adding missing bar lines to extracts
- Adding missing rests to extracts
- Identifying the letter names of marked notes (up to 1 ledger line)
- Identifying the degrees of the scale of marked notes (up to 1 ledger line)
- Identifying and writing out harmonic and melodic intervals (up to one octave)
- Adding the correct clef to given notes and tonic triads in the treble and bass clefs
- Identifying and writing out named major key signatures (C, G, D and F)
- Identifying and writing out named major scales
- Identifying and writing out tonic triads
- Identifying semitones and tones
- Identifying the correct definitions of grade 1 performance directions
- Rewriting an extract of music with the notes grouped and beamed correctly
- Answering questions about an extract of music
- Copying out an extract of music exactly
This way you'll be more than prepared come exam day.
All The Model Answers Included
As well as all of the practice exams we have included all the model answers so you can mark the exams yourself to see where you're going wrong and improve.
No more relying on your teacher to mark them or buying additional answers papers.
In this download you get five unique grade 1 PDF mock exam papers:
- Grade 1 Practice Exam A - 2.4 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam B - 1.2 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam C - 1.0 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam D - 1.2 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam E - 1.2 MB
As well as all the model answers for these grade 1 mock exams:
- Grade 1 Practice Exam A Answers - 2.9 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam B Answers - 2.0 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam C Answers - 1.6 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam D Answers - 2.0 MB
- Grade 1 Practice Exam E Answers - 1.8 MB
The time limit for these mock exams is 1 hour and a half.
Each paper contains 9 questions in the same format as the ABRSM exams.
They are specifically for the ABRSM syllabus but they'll still be useful no matter what examining board you're using.
All the model answers are included.
If you have any questions at all just get in touch and we'll be happy to help.
They come with a 30 day money back guarantee.
"I am based in Saudi Arabia at the moment so getting these papers via online is extremely useful. My daughter used the grade 1 papers to practice and got a 98 out of 100, so hopefully a similar result next time round.
Vishal Patel - Parent, Saudi Arabia
"My heartfelt thank you to Dan and Hello Music Theory. I started using their worksheets, practice papers and all available resources one month before exams, and my son gained 98/100 in his grade 1 exam.
Tricia Simmons - Parent, Trinidad and Tobago
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Our goal at Hello Music Theory is that you pass your exam. Our resources get really good feedback and have helped thousands of students to pass their exams. But if you're not happy with any part of your download and we can't make it right then we'll give you a full refund.
More on our refund policy.