Grade 2 Music Theory Practice Papers
This is a digital download of five of our unique PDF Grade 2 Music Theory Practice Exams to help you, your child or your students prepare for and pass the 2019 ABRSM Grade 2 Music Theory Exams.
Grade 2 Music Theory Past Paper Samples
Here's some examples from our grade 2 music theory practice papers. We've put them together by analysing the last six years of ABRSM grade 2 past papers to help you be prepared for all the types of questions that could come up. Click here to go back and see the other music theory practice papers for different grades we have.
- PRODUCT DETAILS
- What's included
- More INFO
Why use our Grade 2 Music Theory Practice Papers Pack
If you're taking an ABRSM Grade 2 Music Theory exam then sitting some mock exams prior to exam day is essential to passing with a high mark. Even if you're not booked in for an ABRSM theory exam, taking practice papers is a good way to evaluate all the things you've been learning about for Grade 2.
Using mock exams is an ideal way to get used to the style of questioning that you'll be facing in the real exams.
Our Grade 2 Music Theory Exam Paper Pack contains 5 unique PDF mock tests to help you get to grips with everything that could come up in the ABRSM Grade 2 Music Theory exam.
What types of questions are asked?
Each of our grade 2 music theory papers have been put together by painstakingly reviewing the ABRSM syllabus and the last 6 years of actual grade 2 exam papers to make sure it includes every type of question that could be asked. With over 180 exercises for you to get stuck into you’ll be more than prepared.
The types of questions that are asked are:
- Naming and writing out notes and their values as well as their corresponding rests
- Adding missing time signatures to extracts (same as grade 1 plus 2/2, 3/2, 4/2 and 3/8)
- Adding missing bar lines to extracts
- Adding missing rests to extracts
- Identifying the letter names of marked notes (up to 2 ledger lines)
- Identifying the degrees of the scale of marked notes (up to 2 ledger lines)
- Identifying and writing out harmonic and melodic intervals (up to one octave)
- Adding the correct clef to given notes, scales and tonic traids in the treble and bass clefs
- Identifying and writing out named major key signatures (same as grade 1 plus A, Bb and Eb)
- Identifying and writing out named minor key signatures (A, E and D)
- Identifying and writing out named major scales
- Identifying and writing out named minor scales (harmonic and melodic minors)
- Identifying and writing out major and minor tonic triads (root position only)
- Identifying semitones and tones
- Identifying the correct definitions of grade 2 performance directions
- Rewriting an extract of music with the notes grouped and beamed correctly
- Rewriting an extract of music with or without a key signature
- Rewriting an extract of music with notes and rests of twice or half the value
- Rewriting an extract of music into a different clef but at the same pitch (treble and bass only)
- Answering questions about an extract of music
- Copying out an extract of music exactly
This way you'll know what to expect in the real thing.
All The Model Answers Included
As well as all of the practice exams we have included all the model answers so you can mark the exams yourself to see where you're going wrong and improve.
No more relying on your teacher to mark them or buying additional answers papers.
In this download you get five unique grade 2 PDF mock exam papers:
- Grade 2 Practice Exam A - 1.4 MB
- Grade 2 Practice Exam B - 1.3 MB
- Grade 2 Practice Exam C - 1.1 MB
- Grade 2 Practice Exam D - 1.1 MB
- Grade 2 Practice Exam E - 1.0 MB
As well as all the model answers for these grade 2 mock exams:
- Grade 2 Practice Exam A Answers - 2.5 MB
- Grade 2 Practice Exam B Answers - 2.0 MB
- Grade 2 Practice Exam C Answers - 2.3 MB
- Grade 2 Practice Exam D Answers - 1.9 MB
- Grade 2 Practice Exam E Answers - 1.9 MB
The time limit for these mock exams is 1 hour and a half.
Each paper contains 9 questions in the same format as the ABRSM exams.
They are specifically for the ABRSM Grade 2 syllabus but they'll still be useful no matter what examining board you're using.
All the model answers are included.
If you have any questions at all just get in touch and we'll be happy to help.
They come with a 30 day money back guarantee.
I passed! Thanks for all your help and will be buying your grade 3 papers very soon.
Kelly Oliver - Student, Australia
Your exams were very similar to the real thing. I am definitely happy with my purchase!
James Philips - Student, UK
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Our goal at Hello Music Theory is that you pass your exam. Our resources get really good feedback and have helped thousands of students to pass their exams. But if you're not happy with any part of your download and we can't make it right then we'll give you a full refund.
More on our refund policy.