Need a gift for your guitar-playing friend? Not sure what to get them? Well, “fret not,” as we’ve put together a list of amazing gift ideas, including guitar accessories and other gear we know the guitarist in your life will love.
1. An Online Guitar Course
If your guitarist is just starting their guitar adventure or if they are looking for the best and easiest way to work on some particular techniques and brush up on their existing skills, then an online guitar course would make an ideal gift for them.
There are many sites offering guitar courses and lessons, but if you are looking for the best option, we’d recommend GuitarTricks.com. This is an amazing resource for guitar students offering lessons arranged according to difficulty level with hundreds of step-by-step walkthroughs.
There are lessons for beginners, intermediate, and advanced level learners taught by true professionals, so your guitarist will get the chance to learn from the best.
Click the link below and sign them up for a free 14 day trial!
2. A New Guitar
- Spruce Top
- Meranti Back & Sides
- Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge
Gifting a brand-new guitar might seem like an obvious choice, but sometimes the most straightforward gifts strike the sweetest chords.
When it comes to upgrading or expanding a guitarist’s collection, the world of guitars offers a rich, diverse, and ever-evolving landscape to explore. There’s always a new axe waiting to be discovered, and there’s nothing quite like the feeling of unboxing a gleaming, pristine instrument.
But before you go on a shopping spree, make sure to take note of your guitarist’s preferences and playing style. Are they a fan of the legendary Stratocaster, or do they lean towards the sultry curves of a Les Paul? Is their heart set on the smooth sounds of an acoustic or the electrifying buzz of a solid-body electric? The options are practically endless, with a wide range of models, shapes, and colors to choose from.
If this is going to be their first guitar, then we’d recommend an acoustic, classical guitar like the Yamaha C40II Full-scale Classical guitar. This is an amazing full-sized guitar featuring nylon strings and a real spruce top with a back and sides made of quality meranti. It is affordable but of the highest quality, capable of producing a clear and resonant sound.
3. A Pair Of Good Earplugs
- FIRST CLASS HEARING PROTECTION – Our High Fidelity Earplugs protect your ears from harmful noise levels while still allowing you to clearly hear your…
- PRISTINE SOUND QUALITY – Our innovative attenuation filters allow you to hear the world around you, just at a lower volume. Reduces noise evenly to…
- USE EARGASM ANYWHERE – Fantastic ear plugs for concerts, noise sensitivity, tinnitus relief, motorcycles, musicians, drummers, noise cancelling, noise…
Earplugs are an essential item for musicians. Wearing earplugs while practicing, performing, and listening to music help musicians protect their hearing from the effects of overexposure to loud sounds.
(As someone who’s played in bands for over 20 years and suffers from Tinnitus, this should be an essential part of every musician’s toolkit – Dan)
If you’re unsure about which one to go for, we’d recommend the Eargasm High Fidelity Earplugs. These gems are crafted to reduce harmful noise levels while preserving the sound quality and clarity essential for musicians.
The result? A comfortable and safe listening experience that allows your guitarist to immerse themselves in the magic of their music without compromising their hearing.
So, go ahead and surprise them with a pair of top-notch earplugs – a gift that speaks volumes about your love for their well-being and their passion for creating powerful, soul-stirring music.
4. A Zoom Recorder
- Capture Professional-Quality Audio: With four-track simultaneous recording, built-in X/Y stereo microphones, and high-fidelity mic preamps, the H4N is…
- Connect with Confidence: The H4N offers extensive connectivity options, including two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors and a stereo…
- Unlock Powerful Recording Capabilities: Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones, and support up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a…
In a world where capturing and sharing music is as essential as creating it, a Zoom recorder makes for an incredibly practical and thoughtful gift for your favorite guitar player.
Guitarists can use a Zoom recorder to capture their creative ideas, practice sessions, lessons, or live performances with impressive detail and ease. These handy gadgets are perfect for musicians who love experimenting with their sound or simply want to keep track of their progress as they hone their skills.
I’ve got this one, the Zoom H4n Pro 4-Track Portable Recorder, for a few years. It’s super easy to use and records a clean and clear sound with a very low noise floor.
5. A Guitar Metronome
- High precision, simultaneous use tuner and metronome with instant pitch detection response with Korg technology.
- 2-in-1 Tuner & Metronome; the TM60’s wide tuner detection range of C1-C8 supports a broad range of instruments, and the metronome boasts 15 rhythm…
- Convenient & easy to read with a large, backlit LCD display, adjustable calibration, and marked third intervals to make the TM60 easy to use on the…
Timing is everything, especially when it comes to playing the guitar like a true virtuoso. That’s where the gift of a guitar metronome comes in. These little devices are an essential tool in the arsenal of every serious musician, and I use mine every time I sit down to practice.
I’ve got this one, the Korg TM60BK Digital Metronome. Its easy-to-read display, a wide range of tempo settings, affordable price, and compact size make it a great option.
It also doubles up as a tuner. This dual functionality makes the Korg TM60BK Digital Metronome a practical and valuable addition to any guitarist’s toolkit.
6. A Guitar Case or Gig Bag
- Deluxe ABS exterior
- Heavy-duty aluminum valance
- Through-bolted handle for extra strength
Every guitarist’s prized possession deserves a safe and stylish home, making a guitar case or gig bag an ideal gift that’s both functional and fashionable.
Whether they’re heading to a jam session, a gig, or a quiet spot to practice, a high-quality case or bag ensures their beloved instrument is protected from the elements, accidental bumps, and scratches.
If your guitarist doesn’t have a proper guitar case or gig bag or if they simply need the new one, then a durable guitar case or gig bag would be an ideal gift for them.
If you’re not sure about which one to go for, we’d recommend something like the Gator Deluxe ABS Molded Case. This case is perfect for acoustic guitars, and it will protect the instrument from dust, bumps, and scratches.
7. A Guitar Repair Kit
- 【Great Value! Comprehensive Basic Tools】Micling 72Pcs guitar repairing tool kit are the most complete kit on the market for daily use, including…
- 【Multifunctional Use】Available for changing strings, setting intonation, adjusting action or checking string height, perfect for stringed…
- 【Widely Application Area】72 Pcs tool set is a superb choice for most guitar repairs.Ideal for electric guitars, basses, mandolins, banjos,…
Like everything, eventually, guitars will break. But, thankfully, most things that go wrong with guitars can be an easy DIY fix and won’t require a trip to an expensive technician. So, to save them some money and get them back to playing quickly, we’d recommend every guitarist have a good repair kit.
There are many repair kits for guitars that can be bought online, but if you want the one that has absolutely everything your guitarist might need, something like this kit here has everything they might need.
8. A Guitar Stand
- A-frame universal guitar stand for acoustic and electric guitars
- 3 adjustable-width settings to accommodate most guitar shapes
- Lightweight, durable, metal construction; no assembly needed
Another useful item that would make a great gift for guitarists is a guitar stand. Guitars are fragile, and to save you from having to bust out the repair kit we looked at above, it’s worth spending a bit of money on getting a sturdy guitar stand to prevent them from falling over and getting damaged.
9. Guitar Straps
- 2” polyester guitar strap with Koi Fish & Waves motif Adjustable up to 65” in length
- Tri-glide sliding adjustment Genuine leather ends
- Pin hole stitching prevents stretching
If you are looking for a small, affordable, but also a useful gift, then you could always get them a guitar strap. There are countless options out there, from simple plain fabric to leather and even vegan options!
But we love all the straps of Levy’s Leathers. They’re, of course, durable, the main thing you want in a guitar strap, but they also come in a huge variety of different unique designs.
Check out all the options by clicking below.
10. A Guitar Pedalboard
- 16″ x 8″ Aluminum-alloy Pedalboard with Soft Case
- 3-rail Frame Design
- Hook–loop Tape
For the guitarist who loves to experiment with a wide array of effects and tones, a guitar pedalboard is a game-changing gift that will undoubtedly strike all the right notes.
Pedalboards provide a neat and organized platform for guitarists to arrange their beloved stompboxes, ensuring easy access and smooth transitions between different effects during live performances or practice sessions.
A high-quality pedalboard not only keeps your favorite guitarist’s gear in order but also simplifies their setup and tear-down process, making it a practical and thoughtful gift.
One of the most popular models is the Pedaltrain Metro 16, which is lightweight, made of strong aluminum, and comes with either a hard or soft case to keep everything safe and secure.
11. A Guitar Slide
- Solid brass slide: Provide treble and more stable bass, for longer stretches and full tone.
- 304 stainless steel guitar slide: Made of 304 stainless steel, provide great resonance, good intonation, and a clear bright sound.
- Borosilicate glass guitar slide feature: Made from high quality boron silicate, heat treated and annealed for smooth performance, smooth, sturdy and…
For the guitarist who loves to experiment with different sounds and techniques, a guitar slide is an exciting and creative gift that opens up a whole new world of musical possibilities.
If you haven’t seen them, a guitar slide is a tool made of glass, brass, ceramic, or other materials that musicians place on their finger as they play. It allows them to manipulate the sound of the strings and create some very unique sounds.
Slides have been a staple of blues and country music for decades, allowing musicians to create smooth, gliding notes and add an expressive quality to their playing.
This pack of three is a great option as it has glass, steel, and brass, so they can find the sound they want. It also comes with some picks that every guitarist will appreciate.
12. A Reliable Cable
- Mogami GOLD INSTRUMENT-R Guitar Pedal Effects/Instrument Cables provide crystal-clear tone and a drop-dead silent background. The top choice for…
- Engineered for the highest level of transparency, Mogami Gold Instrument Cables are constructed with a conductive polymer sub-shield, an Ultra High…
- Wired with Mogami Guitar/Instrument High Impedance Cable, Mogami Gold Instrument Cables feature high definition sound ideal for use with acoustic…
If they play an electric or electro-acoustic guitar, then an essential piece of gear is a cable. These leads are an integral part of the musician’s sound.
If you want the best of the best, then check out Mogami GOLD INSTRUMENT-R Guitar Cable line of leads. Although a bit pricy, pro guitarists love these leads for their reliability, durability, and great signal.
So, go ahead and surprise your beloved guitar player with the gift of a reliable cable – an essential accessory that will keep their sound crisp, clean, and connected, whether they’re rocking out on stage or fine-tuning their riffs in the practice room.
13. Guitar Strings
- CORROSION-RESISTANT, PRECISION WOUND – D’Addario Phosphor Bronze acoustic guitar strings are precision wound with phosphor bronze wrap wire, over…
- WARM, BALANCED TONE – Phosphor Bronze wrap wire provides tried-and-true D’Addario acoustic tone, with beautiful balance and warmth suitable for all…
- MOST POPULAR ACOUSTIC GUITAR STRING – Now the standard in acoustic guitar strings, Phosphor Bronze strings were originally pioneered by D’Addario in…
Gifting your favorite guitar player with a pack (or several) of new strings shows that you understand the importance of regular maintenance and appreciate the joy of a freshly restrung guitar.
Not only is it important to replace things every few months as they build up dirt and wear out, but every guitarist needs a few extra strings in their bag for when they snap in the middle of a performance!
But it’s important to find out what type of guitar they have (acoustic, electric, or classical) and their preferred string material and gauge (it’s definitely worth finding out before you purchase).
Some popular brands to consider include Ernie Ball, D’Addario, Elixir, and Martin, all of which offer a wide range of high-quality strings for various instruments and playing styles. You might also want to include a string winder and a set of wire cutters in your gift, making the string-changing process a breeze for your beloved guitarist.
14. A Guitar Method Book
- Casey, Bert (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 75 Pages – 05/16/2019 (Publication Date) – Watch & Learn, Inc. (Publisher)
Again, if your favorite guitarist is just a beginner or simply wants to work on improving a particular guitar technique, you can get them one of the best guitar books for beginners.
There are lots of options when it comes to method books, but if you’re unsure which one to go for, then a safe bet would be this one, the “Acoustic Guitar Primer Book for Beginners.
This is one of the most popular options that also comes with a streaming video course if they prefer to learn via video rather than reading.
15. A Biography of a Famous Guitarist
- Hardcover Book
- Kubernik, Harvey (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
In addition to a method book on important guitar techniques, you could also get them a biography of their favorite guitarist to help inspire them!
There are so many out there, such as Jeff Beck’s, Leo Fender’s, B.B. King’s, and Eric Clapton’s. But if you’re not sure which one to go for, check out “Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child,” which is a very good read.
It offers a unique and interesting insight into the life and work of one of the world’s best guitar players and is enriched with photos taken by the most renowned rock photographers of the era.
16. Guitar Picks
- Made from celluloid, the premier pick material
- Offers a warm, round music tone
- The “go to” pick for many professional artists
And finally, the last gift idea on our list is a set of guitar picks. Sometimes, the simplest gifts can make the biggest impact, and guitar picks certainly fit that bill. These small yet mighty accessories are indispensable for guitarists, as they directly influence the tone, attack, and overall feel of their playing.
If the guitarist in your life is anything like me, then they’re constantly losing plectrums, so a pack of new ones is always a welcome gift!
They come in a lot of different thicknesses, though, and every guitarist has their own preference, so check what their preference is before you buy.
If you’re unsure, then a safe bet is a variety pack like this one from Fender. It has all different types so they can find the one they want but also try out some different ones.
Wrapping Up On Guitarist Gift List
That’s it for our guitarist gift guide. We hope it helped inspire you and gave you some good ideas of what to get them.
Whether they’re a seasoned gigging professional or a budding enthusiast, these gifts are sure to strike a chord and make their musical journey even more enjoyable and fulfilling.