Are you looking for a good saxophone stand to hold your sax when you’re not playing it? Wondering what the best ones are that are sturdy and strong to keep your horn safe? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
In this post, we’re going to review the best saxophone stands on the market and talk about what to look for to help you choose the right one for your needs.
Quick Answer: The Best Stands for Saxophones
The Top Saxophone Stand Reviews
1. Hercules DS530BB Alto/Tenor Saxophone Stand
- Folding St f Alto/Ten Saxophone with Carrying Bag
When you need an alto or tenor saxophone stand, the Hercules DS530BB has you covered. The Hercules brand is one of the best simple foldable metal stands on the market.
Hercules created their DS530BB saxophone stand to hold either an alto or tenor sax. The backrest slides up and down to fit either size instrument.
If you have extra instruments you’d like to store, the DS530BB includes two extra peg holes on its legs for other musical instruments (pegs sold separately). The legs swivel into different positions so that the saxophone stand can more easily fit into available floor space.
The stand has a folding yolk that easily folds down to a smaller 12.2×5.5” size for storage or transport, making this stand extremely portable for any event.
2. Zither WoodenSaxophone Stand
- Show off your prized instrument in any environment with a furniture quality stand.
- Handcrafted using premium solid wood - No particle board or laminate. Furniture-quality stands that last a lifetime.
- Each stand is unique in color and grain pattern and has a beautiful hand rubbed natural oil finish.
If you’re looking for a stand that both functions to hold and display your saxophone like a piece of art, the Zither Wooden stand is a great choice.
The Zither Wooden stand can hold either a tenor or alto saxophone perfectly. Zither makes their hand-crafted stands from solid wood. Each Zither stand features unique wood grain with a natural oil finish and should last a lifetime while looking classy. Zither’s saxophone stands come in either walnut or padauk wood. Zither includes a 2-oz bottle of lemon oil to help you keep the wood looking its best.
The Zither features a String Swing instrument cradle, which is safe for nitro-finished instruments.
If you want a stand that also doubles as a work of art, this is the choice for you.
3. Hercules DS538B Saxophone Stand
- The Folding Yoke has a Locking Pin that secures the upper yoke in position.
- The Adjustable Backrest safely supports the instrument.
- The Locking Pin locks the stand in place; simply press the pin to fold.
The Hercules DS538B has spaces to hold five different instruments at the same time. This stand is perfect for a one-person band or a house full of woodwind musicians.
The stand features two backrests that can accommodate either an alto or tenor sax, one SFF-coated soprano sax peg (detachable), and two SFF-coated pegs to fit either a flute or clarinet (detachable).
The two backrests slide up and down to fit either an alto or tenor sax. The legs swivel forward and backward so that you can configure the stand to fit available floor space.
This is a versatile instrument stand that is great for those who play multiple instruments, or who have both alto and tenor saxophones.
4. Hercules DS630BB AGS Alto/TenorSaxophone Stand
- Folding St f Alto/Ten Saxophone with Auto Grip System Carrying Bag
The Hercules DS630BB fits either an alto or tenor sax. It’s slightly smaller, weighs slightly less, and has a thinner cradle than the DS530BB. It also comes with a carrying bag.
The Hercules DS630BB can hold either an alto or tenor sax. Unlike the Hercules DS530BB, the DS630BB has an Auto Grip System yoke, which safely locks the saxophone into place to avoid any scary tips or falls.
If you would like to expand the stand’s capacity, the legs include two extra peg holes to place pegs for other instruments, but please note that the pegs are sold separately.
The legs swivel into various configurations if you need them to do so, making this stand versatile for any space.
You can fold up the Hercules DS630BB to a 12.2×4.3” size for storage and place it in the enclosed carry bag to make life a little easier.
5. Hercules DS535B BaritoneSaxophone Stand
- The folding yoke and adjustable backrest holds your Baritone Saxophone securely on the stand, with the locking pin securing the upper yoke in position
- An extra peg hole on the leg lets you store another instrument (trumpet, cornet, soprano sax, flugelhorn, clarinet, piccolo and flute) without using...
- Swivel Legs with Locking Pins snap securely into place and fit around other equipment easily
When you have a baritone saxophone, it’s necessary to have a quality stand to support it. The Hercules DS535B is the only stand for a baritone sax on our list. It has a great reputation and provides excellent support for your larger instrument.
The Hercules DS535B adjusts to fit any baritone sax type. However, it cannot collapse small enough for an alto and tenor sax, so this is solely for your larger sax.
The Hercules DS535B’s folding yoke will hold your baritone sax firmly in place. You can move the height of the stand both up and down with the press of a simple lever, making it easy to customize to your liking.
The DS535B has an adjustable backrest that can support your instrument at a safe angle.
If you have other instruments you’d like to get off the floor, you can purchase extra pegs separately to place in two extra peg holes on the legs.
The Hercules DS535B folds down to a more manageable 18x8x7” size for storage and transport, despite being able to hold a larger instrument.
6. Luvay Alto/TenorSaxophone Stand
- Adjustable backrest for both alto and tenor sax
- Foot is coated by quality rubber, anti-slip design
- Locking pin fit, can be folded up, portable
An exciting feature of the Luvay stand is that it has an extra bar with a locking pin to hold your saxophone firmly in place so that you know it’s not going to move. It also has a more reclined backward tilt so that your saxophone is more on display than the stand.
The Luvay sax stand is perfectly sized to hold either an alto or a tenor sax. The Luvay stand’s cradle has a bar with a locking pin that holds the sax firmly in place so that you don’t have to worry about it accidentally falling on the floor. The bar and pin system grips the bell firmly and safely.
Luvay makes their sax stand’s feet from rubber, which prevents the feet from slipping. The Luvay stand’s foldability makes it easy to carry and store when you’re not using it.
Luvay’s locking pin and triangle design provide a sturdy base to keep your sax safe while it’s on the stand, giving you peace of mind when your instrument is not in use.
7. Lolunut Alto/TenorSaxophone Stand
- HIGH QUANLITY METAL MATERIAL: Saxophone instrument stand is anti-rust, wear-resistant and durable for long term use.
- SOFT PAD: Soft cover protects instrument from scratch and damage, it is safe to put sax on it for alto and tenor saxophone.
- ERGONOMICS DESIGN: Portable saxophone stand wth adjustable backrest for both alto and tenor sax. Dependable tripod stand firmly in place to prevent...
Like the Luvay, the Lolunut also has a bar that locks across the cradle to keep your saxophone more secure. It also comes with a carrying bag.
The Lolunut is the perfect size to hold either an alto or tenor sax. Lolunut makes their saxophone stand from high-quality metal that is rust-resistant and wear-resistant, so this is a perfect stand for any environment.
Lolunut designs their saxophone stands to be dependable and hold your saxophone firmly in place without tipping. There’s no need to worry about the stand scratching your sax because both cradles that hold your saxophone in place feature a soft pad.
Lolunut provides a free drawstring carry bag with each stand to make storing and moving your sax stand easier and more convenient.
8. Gonioa, Alto/TenorSaxophone Stand
- ADJUSTABLE STAND: This portable saxophone stand with adjustable backrest works great for both alto and tenor sax. Foldable design, which is easy to...
- HIGH-QUALITY METAL MATERIAL: Made of alloy material with maximum corrosion resistance, wear-resistant and durability, the adjustable saxophone stand...
- CAHIN LOCK: The bell mouth position of the stand is provided with a chain lock, which provides protection for the saxophone placed on the stand....
Whether you have an alto or tenor sax, the Gonioa stand’s backrest can adjust to fit it.
You never have to worry about corrosion with the Gonioa stand. Gonioa makes its stands from a durable metal alloy that resists both corrosion and wear. The bell of your saxophone will rest on a thick, soft pad that will prevent any unwanted scratches or dents to your beautiful instrument.
The Gonioa stand features a unique chain lock to position around the bell to hold it firmly in place. The Gonioa’s legs are both sturdy and stable and won’t give out on you when you need them to support your instrument.
When you want to put away the stand or move it to a different location, it’s easy to fold the stand down to a smaller size and transport or store it as necessary.
Conclusion: Which One Should You Buy?
We hope that helps you narrow down which sax stand to go for. If you’re still on the fence about which one to go for we’d recommend either theHercules DS530BB Alto/Tenor Saxophone Stand or the Zither Wooden Sax Stand stand.
These two are stable, durable, look great, and are affordable. The Zither stand is a bit more due to the fact it looks great and is made out of wood but if you’re looking for a more affordable option check out one of the Hercules stands.